Friday 2 January 2015

ALL ABOUT NET

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This is a test conducted by National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission to establish a minimum standard for Lecturers and Junior Research Fellowships for pursuing research. I think most of you know all about it. Why am I writing about all these basics now?. Because I want to ensure that all of you know how important this exam is. I know many success stories of people having passed this exam. There is no looking back for any one of them.

The first success story is that of my brother, who cleared his JRF way back in the 1990's. He not only went on to complete his Phd from IIT Madras, but he is also in a very senior position in a well known fortune 500 company. Not only that, many of the others, whom I know,who have cleared this test are in either government jobs or good positions, even if it is a private job. I feel it is easy to pass this exam if you write it immediately after finishing your masters. The theories and problems are easy to understand and apply, while you are fresh from all your studies. But still with little discipline, and some smart reading it is possible to crack this exam. This site will help you all in the smart reading part. Passing this exam is a prestige which no one can deny. Any one who has cleared NET is looked up in the work environment, and the opportunities they have are in abundance. Again why am I stressing about all this now is that, however the December 2014 exam was, everyone should look forward to the next one and try to crack it, the next time.

But, for that preparations have to start from right now. Not around April, May or June. I read in the paper, that this time, Paper I was quite tricky and tough. Normally the candidates writing NET do not focus much on cracking Paper I. They take it for granted. So I have decided to include tips for Paper I as well from now onwards. This place will be a one point reference for all information and guidance related to NET. I started this blog with the sole aim of reaching out to people who want to crack this exam. I found that there was no help online for understanding the solution in detail. That is why all the questions will have a detailed explanation as far as possible in this site. I aim to write, as regularly as I can. When I read your comments, on how useful a particular post or information was, that actually makes my day. So, ALL THE BEST to all of you out there. Do not rest, till you clear the test!!!.

For all other information, related to NET, click here...

About NET



SYLLABUS FOR NET



OLD QUESTION PAPERS



SCOPE OF NET/SLET



2 comments: